At St Nicholas C of E Primary School we recognise that children learn at different rates and that there are many factors which can affect a child’s achievement.
The purpose of our School Information Report is to describe the variety of ways in which we are able to support and meet the needs of children who have additional needs and/or experience barriers to their learning.
Pupils with Additional Needs
All children have different learning needs and some children may have additional needs which if not met can present a barrier to learning. The school works hard to overcome these barriers by working with parents to identify specific needs and plan support which removes these barriers. Our additional needs co-ordinator in school is Mrs Kitchen and if you have concerns about your child having additional needs please phone or come in and speak to her.
You can find details of our School Information Report / additional needs offer HERE.
You can read our Special Educational Needs Policy HERE.
You can read our Accessibility Plan HERE.
How St Nicholas CE Primary School supports children with SEND.
- Our SENDCo
- Our SEND Provision
- How will you know if your child has SEND?
- How the school develops teaching and adapts its curriculum to meet the needs of children with SEND?
- How will we know if your child is making progress towards targets?
- How we ensure that your child has a successful transition from one provision to another?
- How we can secure additional services and expertise?
- How you can contact SEND Services?
- How do we know if our provision is effective?
- How we make our facilities available to all?
- Our additional staff expertise.
- Our extra-curricular opportunities.
- If you want to make a complaint.
- The Blackpool Local Offer