St Nicholas C of E Primary School is the data controller of the personal information you provide to us. This means the school determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, any personal data is processed. There are several ways you can contact us which can all be found in the website header. Our data protection officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What data we collect
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact us
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use our website. Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on our site
- how long you spend on each page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not collect or store your personal information through Google Analytics (for example your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
Why we collect your data
We collect information through Google Analytics to monitor how you use the site. We do this to help:
- make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users
- make improvements, for example improving site search
We also collect data in order to:
- gather feedback to improve our services
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- provide you with more information about our services if you want it
- monitor use of the site to identify security threats
Our legal basis for processing personal data in relation to site security is our legitimate interests, and the legitimate interests of our users, in ensuring the security and integrity of our site.
The legal basis for processing all other personal data is that it’s necessary to perform a task in the public interest.
Telephone Call Recording
What data we collect
All calls to and from the school are recorded. We also collect the telephone numbers from which calls are made to the school, unless the number is withheld by the caller.
Why we collect your data
We record telephone calls you make to our school to:
- help identify staff training needs and improve staff performance
- protect our staff from abusive or nuisance calls
- investigate complaints
- prevent, detect, investigate and prosecute crime including fraud
We collect the phone number that you call us on so that we can ring you back, for instance if the connection fails partway through.
Our legal basis for processing personal data is that it’s necessary to perform a task in the public interest.
Further Information Relating to Website and Telephone Users
What we do with your data
The data we collect may be shared with our technology suppliers, such as our website hosting provider and our IT support provider.
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at all stages, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
All personal data is stored in the European Economic Area (EEA). Google Analytics data may be transferred outside the EEA, but this cannot be used to personally identify you.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data, for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption.
We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with our school office.