Our school has a rich history dating back to the early 1800's when children were educated at "The Old Schoolhouse" on Division Lane.

Once the Old Schoolhouse became too small (and it literally is the size of a cottage) the school moved across to School Road where it shared some of the church buildings and gradually extra buildings were added. The church of St Nicholas then moved across to Common Edge Road and set up in a wooden building later adding a concrete church building and using the old wooden building as a church hall.

It was at this point that the school occupied the whole site on School Road and added further buildings in the latter part of the 20th century.

In 2008 the school was given permission to meet a growing need for pupil places in the south of Blackpool and expanded to two form entry, receiving £5 million to create 80% of a new school whilst refurbishing the remaining 20%.

The most famous ex-pupil from St Nicholas Church of England Primary School was Dr Michael Smith and you can read more about him here.


The school and Church on the Moss have a long history.

Here you can read a little more about this history:

History of the Church and School